Heartland Panda Pediatrics is now hiring Pediatric Clinic RNs!
Heartland Panda Pediatrics strives to provide the highest possible quality of care for patients up to 21 years of age. We are a partnership of board-certified pediatric care providers who take this mission to heart. Our practice has won the "Best of Lawrence" community vote since 2013, as well as, 2018’s Winnie Family Favorites awards. We are also a 5-star Kansas Breastfeeding Friendly Practice.
Heartland Panda Pediatrics is part of Heartland Community Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with three clinics located in Lawrence, KS; a vibrant college town with an artistic community and culture like nowhere else in Kansas. We are a rapidly growing community health center dedicated to true Integrated care and are searching for individuals who desire to serve all members of our community regardless of their current social status. Heartland serves a very diverse population that spans from indigent and under-served members in our community to the very affluent. We strive to provide accessible, continuous, compassionate, and excellent care that addresses all needs through primary care, behavior health, dental services, and much more.
The Pediatric Clinic RN is an integral member of the interdisciplinary health team and assists in the care of patients, including administration of treatments and medications, patient education, triage, and clinic flow activities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Works in harmony with others, exhibits a positive attitude and commitment to the health center mission. Actions show commitment to team effort, works well with others, supports group objectives, and participates in staff meetings and team problem solving;
- Consistent patient-centered, caring disposition is a must for this position;
- Knowledgeable of the scope of practice for all nursing disciplines as described by the Nursing Practice Act;
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively organize and prioritize work and utilize available resources to assist with efficient patient flow in the clinic;
- Demonstrates understanding of appropriate nurse to provider ratios, skill levels, and cost effectiveness strategies;
- Actively assists with routine clinic tasks. Utilizes established methods to ensure consistency in maintaining emergency supplies, stock medications, immunizations, forms, sterile instrument inventory, equipment, and appropriate exam room inventory, etc.;
- Assists in the orientation and education of new nursing employees;
- Utilizes the health center Performance Improvement processes in identifying the center needs related to any aspect of patient care and customer service;
- Demonstrates flexibility in work roles and schedules to meet the changing needs of the center; Maintains awareness of new information applicable to job, i.e. policies, meeting minutes, procedures, memos, and protocols;
- Utilizes slow time constructively to enhance center operations and assists other departments when time and workload permits;
- Promptly informs supervisor of real or potential clinic problems;
- Maintains confidentiality of patients and staff;
- Actively pursues continuing education in order to improve job skills or performance;
- Ability to identify own areas of needed improvement, and formulates goals to work toward;
- Utilizes appropriate methods to deal with stressful situations;
- Understands and supports organizational goals;
- Meets work schedules, fulfills responsibilities and commitments, i.e. attendance, punctuality, dependability, initiative, productivity and efficiency.
- RN currently licensed to practice in the state of Kansas.
- Maintains current licensure, required training and credentialing
- Age Specific Competencies Infants through Adolescents
- Heartland offers competitive wages with growth opportunities. We are committed to a healthy work life balance and thus have a generous PTO plan in addition to 12 paid holidays (including Birthday off). Benefits also include Medical, Dental, and Vision plans as well as Long and Short term disability and life insurance.
- Hours M – F from 7:45 am – 6 pm as needed. Candidate will work a 4.5 day week with Saturday morning rotation (every 3rd) and approximately 40 hours per week is required
- Hours are approximate and may be altered by supervisor(s) as needed